Dr. Bressler received his MD from the University of British Columbia and completed his residency at the Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology at the University of Toronto. Following that, he received an MS in Epidemiology from the Harvard Public School of Health and an Advanced Fellowship in Inflammatory Bowel Disease at Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School.
Dr. Bressler’s enthusiasm for advocacy and research shine in his efforts at Discover Therapies where he leads a team of marketers, designers, writers, and technologists with Angel Pui.
He is currently:
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine in the Division of Gastroenterology at the University of British Columbia Department of Medicine.
- Gastroenterologist at St. Paul’s Hospital
- Consulting Staff Physician within the Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition at the British Columbia Children’s Hospital
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine, in the Division of Gastroenterology at the University of British Columbia’s (UBC) Department of Medicine.
- Director of the Advanced Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) training program at UBC
- Lead IBD researcher at the GI Research Institute
Angel has over a dozen years of experience leading digital marketing, design and growth teams. She brings a wealth of experience from other verticals to refine the content and campaigns her team creates for patient education and engagement at Discover Therapies.
She has an affinity for solving complex and highly fragmented omnichannel problems and creating scalable connections through a data-driven approach. For the past 12 years, she focused on growth through product, scaling two- (and even three-sided) marketplaces seeking to disrupt the most fragmented physical worlds: luxury weddings, retail, the clinical trial system, and consumer packaged goods connected to online and offline retailers.
Leveraging an innovative design background paired with a rare, data-driven analytical approach, she’s able to implement Product-Market Fit and exponential product growth strategy in a scalable, systematic way. Owing to the success and exit of her previous startups, she’s become a professional speaker on product growth, product-market fit, and marketing strategies. She’s also a board member, mentor and advisor for Seed to Series B startups/companies across vast array of industries involving venture capital, retail, healthcare, education, innovation, CPG, travel, and design.